This week has been a week! I woke up on Monday morning with a bit of a cold which then ended up completely flooring me. By Thursday I was as white as a ghost and spent Friday working from home, in my pyjamas.
Mentally it has been really draining as well, but I think that’s just because I haven’t been feeling well. I’ve spent the week feeling really down and sorry for myself. Some news on Wednesday threw me off a little bit and when I got in from work at around 7:30 I crawled straight into bed and spent the evening in tear.
Not to fret though; I 100% needed to throw myself a pity party because I woke up on Thursday morning (still feeling like death warmed up) but with a much better mental mindset. I had let quite a few things just pile up in my brain and they all sort of came to at the same time.
It’s Sunday now and although I’m still quite stuffy I feel a good bit better than I have all week. Another few days and I’m sure I’ll be back to me usual, busy self!
Anyway, because I’ve been ill all week I have NOT been wearing makeup (who has time for that when they’re ill?). Today though I sat down in front of the mirror and had a little play about. I used some bits and pieces I hadn’t used before and created a look I wouldn’t normally go for.
Normally I like a warm toned bronzer, but cool toned eyeshadows. I cannot stand cool toned bronzers and avoid warm toned shadows like the plague. I’ve been trying to get out of my comfort zone a little; admittedly warm toned shadows don’t look bad on me because I’ve got green eyes.
Here’s the look I created:
So, what did I use?
On my face, I used my usual products:
- Benefit Porefessional Gel Primer
- A combination of Maybelline Fit Me and Benefit Oxygen Wow foundations (I’m loving the combo of these two at the moment)
- Benefits Hoola Bronzer
- Makeup Revolution Baked Highlighter in Golden Lights
- Benefit Ka-Brow in shade 6
On my eyes:
- I finally tried out my Mad for Matte Eyeshadow Palette from ELF. I bought this ages ago and forgot about it…
- L’Oreal Paris Paradise Mascara – which has actually overtaken Benefits They’re Real as being my favourite Mascara*
- NYX Matte Liquid Liner – this product and I are still not the greatest friends, in terms of application, but damn this stuff will not move. Once it’s on, it is on!
To most people, this probably isn’t overly adventurous but I hate warm tones normally – and the pigment from the palette isn’t that great. It’s not terrible and you could definitely build it us but I tried not to because I wanted to see what the colour payoff was really like.
I think it’s still really wearable even with my glasses on – I don’t wear glasses often, normally just at work for computers or Sundays. I spend a lot of Sunday in glasses because I read a lot or I’m on my laptop!
Anyway, I’m going to end this post here. What sort of tones do you prefer from your makeup?
Hugs and Kisses,
*and let’s just say I never thought that would happen. They’re Real has been my favourite mascara for YEARS!